Wurts Street Bridge
Built in 1921, the Wurts Street Suspension Bridge was the first major suspension bridge built in the Hudson Valley for automobile traffic. This $45 million rehabilitation project will replace and refurbish all the structural steel components and repair the connections of other components, The entire superstructure will be painted from the roadway down to the foundations.
Selco to fabricate over 4,000 feet of Picket style pedestrian railing. Part of the railing will include mesh panel replacements.
The New Goethals Bridge
This $1.5 Billion dollar project replaces the existing 85 year old bridge. The 1.4 Mile long Goethals Bridge carries I-278 over the Arthur Kill Tidal Strait, connecting Staten Island to New Jersey providing critical access for commuters and freight carriers between New Jersey and New York.
Fabricated 2,000 ft. of the Single Tube Bridge Railing.
7,000 ft. of the Double Tube Bridge Railing.
5,000 ft of the Single Tube Elliptical Railing.
Fabricated over 200 Barrier Boxes
New Tappan Zee Bridge
This $4 billion dollar project is to design and build a new 3.1 mile bridge that connects Rockland County to Westchester County over the Hudson River. This is the largest bridge construction project in New York's history.
- Pier Cap Transverse Walkways. Fully assembled in 20 plus foot modules. Total length range from 60-85 feet each walkway. Approximately 10,000 Square Feet.
- Mechanical Steel Bracket (2,500) needed to support the main line longitudinal run of the fire standpipe and the compressed airline systems for the approach spans. All brackets are shipped assembled with all the connection plates and/or hardware.
Ben Franklin Bridge
The work to be completed under this $150 million dollar contract consists of a complete replacement of the existing PATCO track, maintenance walkways, railings, structural repairs and bridge chambers.
- Replaced existing bridge chambers (36) with new fabricated stainless steel chambers up to 9′ X 10′ X 8′. The chambers included all the structural steel support framing.
- Impedance bond walkways
- Walkway supports
- Fixation channels
- All 3rd Rail Transit track material including 3rd Rail coverboards, brackets, insulators and expansion material and hardware.
Willis Ave Bridge
$600 million dollar contract to replace the existing bridge with a new swing bridge.
- Furnished two rail bridge railing
- Fabricated picket fencing for the bridge, ramps and walkways 6,000ft.
- Stainless steel handrail 1,300ft.
Brooklyn Bridge Rehabilitation
Brooklyn Bridge is the oldest suspension bridge in the nation still in operation. This current $508 million dollar round of construction is to do a complete rehabilitation of the approach spans and ramps on both the Manhattan and Brooklyn sides.
- All Ornamental Railings
- Fabricated all of the picket fencing
- Permanent steel traffic barriers
Manhattan Bridge Rehabilitation
$920 million dollar rehabilitation project to reconstruct the North and South upper roadways, installation of a truss stiffening system (to reduce twisting), reconstruction of the South walkway, a new North bikeway and the replacement of the lower roadway.
- Bridge railing on the North bicycle path. We used a riveted construction fabrication technique on the fencing for the railing to replicate its original décor.
- All stringers and diaphragms on the North bicycle path. Selco supplied approximately 1.6 million Lbs of fabricated steel.
- Fabricated all of the steel buckle plates.